Monday, July 2, 2007

Journey to Ohio (PartI - Taipei)

Yes!Im in Ohio now. The journey to Ohio is really tiring,but very exciting (doesn't mean that i like US, I still love ASIA). wanted to share what happen during this journey,but i will keep it short 'lah'.
First, China Airline. Everyone thought and most of us will think that its not safe and one of the 'not so famous' airline in the world, right? WRONG, I was wrong. China Airline is not what I originally expected. when i first step in the plane,im so impressed !! I mean,i thought they are going to use boeing-737 to fly to taipei. But actually they used Airbus330, a new plane (not the big A380 lah). the interior is very nice.i like it, better than MAS. Food is fine, and they serve a lot of diff variety of drinks. Even red and white wine. Well,those people keep drinking lah.

Airbus A330
The In-Flight entertainment is awesome. so many new movies and nice stuff to watch. From latest box office movie to international show and movie.Overall the trip to taiwan is very very nice, 4star.Over my expectation and i recommend China airline if u want to fly to taiwan. Guess what, I didnt touch my PSP during the journey to taiwan.too busy with the movie!!!

My companion 'PSP'


My Personal Screen



Taipei Night


Reach Taiwan around 7pm. Met a guy, his name is Russ.He's a Taiwanese but grew up in Hawaii (speak fluent english) .And stayed at subang Malaysia for 3 years with family. We stay at the same transit hotel. On the way to hotel, we talk have a chat and then something caught my attention, Glass window with decorative neon light.and a girl sitting inside with sexy dressing. Then he told me those are the "bin lang" girl. (if you dont know what is that, ask ur friend or send me a msg then i will explain to you.)

'Bin Lang' girl
Reached hotel and hour later. We stayed at Taoyuan Holiday Hotel. An old 4 star hotel. looks so old but the room actually still very nice.can say better than some 4 star hotel in Malaysia. Then one of my Taipei friend, Fred, (met his during this year Singapore Emerge, from New Life Church) came to pick me up to show me around taipei. We invited Russ to come with us. We went to the night market but to bad not shilin, coz its too late, and we went to the nearest one. and most of the stall is closed or didnt open because that day rained. so we just walk around and i snapped a few pic. The fred bought me this Oyster cake and pearl milk tea. Taiwan pearl milk tea is so nice !!they have the mini pearl !!

my room



Night Market at Taoyuan



6 mouth watering dishes


the fried lala (best dish)
After that Fred brought us to this chinese restaurant and he ordered 6 dishes !! He said the restaurant is just 'ok ok', but to me all the food taste so so so nice!! I'm honest, no kidding. really really nice !! And we talk and eat and talk and went back with big tummy full !!

The next day, Fred didnt manage to come and pick me up in the morning so he asked his friend to come and pick me up. so i went to snap few pic nearby the hotel while waiting for his friend. I'm surprised to see that actually his friend took cab to pick me up. By the way, his friend's name is Mariah.

morning view from my room
took this near my hotel


self-portrait outside the hotel while waiting for Mariah
She's a stewardress working with Eva Air. She's my taipei tour guide. (she's so cool and a nice person). She brought me to New Life Church Taipei. Fred cannot make it is because he is attenting SOT (school of thoelogy). So she showed me around and the interior is really nice. I bump into Anabel, Worship leader from City Harvest church Singapore. I'm so surprised to see her there. Actually she was there because is to help and set up the bible school in taiwan. and we chat for lil while then continue our lil tour in the church.

New Life Church Taipei

After the tour, Mariah brought me a lot of places and showed me cool stuff bout taipei although i only got 3 hours to tour. She bring me to the city, went to the tallest building in the world ,Taipei 101 and took MRT in taipei. One more thing that caught my attention is convinient store. there's so many 7Eleven and Hi-Life store. And there's also another problem that keep me busy looking around is the road and driver seat.its all diff from malaysia, the opposite way. If we're on the left,they are on the right.if we right they left.(you will get what i mean).


motorbike is everywhere in taipei


shorty (me) and the tallest building in the world



Taipei 101 (world tallest building)




the curry dish


Before i went back to the hotel to catch my transit bus, Mariah brough me to this restaurant to eat thise curry thing. Some japanese curry dish. When i looked at the menu i was like "wow,so expensive ". Then she just asked me to order and dont worry bout the price (she paid). After eating she called a cab for me to fetch me back to hotel coz she need to go back to church. Again, she paid for it, she asked me to collect the change from the cab driver. Well of course the whole trip was fun but a bit paiseh and uneasy coz Fred and Mariah paid everything. (Fred and Mariah, If next time u come to Malaysia or singapore, I pay) .


End of PartI

3 comments:

Kar Wai said...

Hey bro! Nice and your trip must be very interesting!!

How amazing is that! Have a wonderful and amazing trip to Ohio!
Maybe you should post more pictures!!Love them!!:)

Keep up blogging ya!!!

Kar Wai

DelvC said...

hehe ..yeah ..will try my best to keep on posting

Anonymous said...

Digital Memory sure is becoming cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. I'm curious as to when we will eventually hit the ratio of 1 cent to 1 Gigabyte.

I'm still waiting for the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 terabyte harddrive . But for now I guess I will be happy with having a 16 gigabyte Micro SD Card in my R4i.

(Posted by WhatPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)